VOZ Advisors (VOZ) is a leading consultant to global biopharmaceutical companies, focused exclusively on patient advocacy and engagement. VOZ creates solutions for its clients through innovative and effective partnerships with patients, care partners, patient organizations, and professional groups.
In business since 1995, VOZ has grown 57% since the 2018 acquisition by Claudia Hirawat (owner of VOZ and Executive Chair) and the company is well poised for additional growth. Led by Ronnie Todaro, President and CEO, VOZ has developed a strategic plan for the next three years which includes initiatives aiming at healthy, sustainable growth.
POSITION SCOPE: The Director, Business Development and Marketing reporting to the President and CEO, will spearhead the growth efforts of the company by strengthening and expanding its client list. We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual with a passion for sales, marketing, customer service, and the desire to improve the lives of patients. This position is responsible for the promotion of VOZ offerings and introducing these offerings to potential clients. Once an opportunity is identified, the Director will work collaboratively throughout the organization with subject matter experts to develop the opportunity into a proposal and/or a statement of work. The Director will ensure that the subject matter expert is well-versed on the potential client and the specific opportunity to help increase the success of securing the business. This position is responsible for leading sales and marketing strategy and planning, lead generation and development, proposals development, capabilities presentations, contract negotiations, and client relations.
The Director of Business Development proactively initiates contact and takes actions, collaborates with team members, meets with prospective clients, and acts as the primary conduit for communication with prospective clients throughout the business development process. The primary target audience are companies with whom VOZ does not currently have a relationship. The Director of Business Development must be comfortable in surfacing and reaching out to prospects using a variety of communication channels (e.g., email, phone, etc.).
This position focuses on selling all services that VOZ offers; therefore, the Director of Business Development is expected to develop competency in all services offered.
● Create and execute the business development and marketing strategy
● Develop and execute long term strategic sales and marketing plans across portfolio of services/solutions
● Oversee sales strategies, supporting the team with cross selling and upselling efforts
● Monitor industry news to develop a target list and identify potential leads
● Identify leads through their network, and in partnership with internal team members
● Expand the client list while protecting profit margins in existing and new target accounts
● Support and foster customer and strategic relationships
● Serve as the central driver of cross-firm CRM use, ensuring uptake by all relevant staff and that information is continually updated, maintained and utilized
● Maintain an astute understanding of the client’s portfolio, strategic priorities, and market position
● Arrange business meetings with potential clients
● Prepare and present capabilities, as well as scope-specific sales pitches
● Manage follow-up with potential strategic partners
● Present the services in a consultative manner to biopharma leadership
● Develop and implement proposals, presentations, and other standard templates
● Understand VOZ’s unique brand and selling proposition and how it translates to each customer’s needs to provide real, effective solutions
● Create a smooth transition to project execution for each new client/engagement
● Ensure internal team is prepared to deliver on expectations for meetings with potential new clients
● Respond to RFIs and RFPs by developing and conducting presentations, developing proposals and SOWs
● Ensuring proposals are consistent with profitability targets
● Support CEO in gathering client feedback post project completion
● Meet or exceed pipeline generation and sales targets
● Monitor sales and marketing performance and implement changes in strategy as appropriate
● Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting to President and CEO
● Conduct and present analysis of sales and marketing data for current and potential clients
● Provide internal leadership frequent updates on opportunities, pull through rates and progress towards goals
● Drive brand awareness and collaborate with internal staff and external resources to develop and maintain appropriate marketing collateral, web content, and other materials needed to market the VOZ brand
● Negotiate contracts in partnership with Senior Director, Finance and Operations
● Collaborate cross-functionally to bring in subject matter experts appropriately, communicate needs and updates of the client to internal stakeholders, and be the ultimate driver of closing new business
● Assist in determining professional conferences to attend and represent VOZ
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare
- Proven track record of selling to biopharmaceutical companies
- Deep understanding of patient advocacy, patient engagement, medical affairs, drug development, within biopharmaceutical companies
- Experience in cold calling
- Demonstrated experience engaging executives and working with senior leaders to develop and implement high‐growth strategies, providing complex analysis and expert insights
- Experience in marketing strategies and tactics with a focus on increasing brand and offerings visibility to drive sales.
- Strong understanding of financial forecasting, reporting, and planning
- Experience in working with CRM software
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Collaborative, passionate, ethical, and innovative
- Effective in working in a fully remote environment
- Able to travel, including internationally
The base salary range is $120,000 – $160,000*
* Additional detail on salary range
– The actual salary offered within the range is dependent on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, qualifications, education, skills, and performance.
– This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, based on performance and on the company meeting its objectives.
– The compensation package also includes a 401K match, health care, and other benefits